Friday, January 25, 2013

Women in red...mango red



My most recent post at Collage of Life is entitled 'Life at the Chateau'.
We call our home Mango Chateau for it's colour...
it is similar to a very ripe mango.
Thinking of mangoes... kkkkaty from Down The Eyrie Road 
wrote from Washington, USA to say that she wondered 
what it would be like to wear a mango red dress.
I then started to wonder too.

I went off in search of mango red and came up with the following..

A long flowing silk skirt 
with a loose white silk top works for me.
How about you?

via

I have several mango red scarves,
this one is beautiful...

via


Would I wear Red Van's...absolutely!
How about you?


via


Mango red boyfriend shirt with jeans..
no question, it is a yes!
How about you?

via

 I then started to think about lipstick. 
Interestingly, when you google red lipstick 
and see a page of women staring back of you..
it is not as attractive as you would think.
Although..this one caught my eye.


via

 With black..red lipstick works a charm.
In Paris...even better.

via


The gorgeous Liv Tyler in red.

via


and Iris Apfel at 92..she's got what it takes.

via


I had to check in with Meryl for if she wears it, 
then I know it is a good thing.

via

Then of course, there is my style guru, Diane Keaton. 
We share similar colouring and I like that she wears 
what she wants.
Whether it is full on red or just hints of it.
Diane pulls off  red with ease and perfection.

via



via

via
That is my take on red.
I wear it as an accent.
Now I am thinking...
maybe I will be even more adventuresome.
Mango red is my choice.
How about you, what is your take on red?


5 comments:

  1. Very stylish post! I pretty much always wear red lipstick as I tend to dress a lot in grey, black and dark blue. The skirt in the first picture is gorgeous and definitely something I would wear! Have a lovely weekend xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE to wear red, but your post made me realize that I don't have a thing red in my wardrobe, I will have to fix that over sight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blue red for me.
    And dark blue red lipstick.
    I have to stay away from anything hinting of yellow or orange.
    Or, as I've said before, I look embalmed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is hard to find leather jacket in this style in stores while I really love its colors and design.I am very very happy with the leather jackets from cwmalls.com and how it looks on me.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...