Sunday, December 16, 2012

What to wear in the tropics...


Grabbed a quick pic of this outfit in a shop window 
today in Ho Chi Minh City.
I liked the long lines and the fact that it looks 
reasonably cool to wear.
It is SO important to get the fabric and fit right 
in a tropical climate.
I think I am getting the hang of it. 

I recently had a few casual, loose, silk dresses made up in 
different colours and lengths. 
I like the look and feel of the outfit above and have had it 
made in silk with 3/4 length sleeves that have a button if I choose to roll 
the sleeves. I keep the slits, left and right, high for ease of comfort 
and wear slim lined pants to suit. I fashion it after the Indian Kurta.
I came across this look in India...and loved it.

Admiring an outfit with a zoom lens.

Throw on a hat, sunglasses 
and you are good to go!




2 comments:

  1. So very beautiful and so very different from what I'm donning today.
    Edward and I are off to a book signing. Yikes! It's a cold day and I'm wearing a black and white fair isle sweater dress with a red pashmina and red heels! Wish us luck! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanne - Any chance you can add a Subscribe via RSS to this blog?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...