Thursday, December 13, 2012

Antique ethnic caftan style...Mariano Fortuny


I was going to hang up my hat on this blog...
but then something happened,
we moved from England to Vietnam.
I have since been in and out of silk shops 
and started to think of the possibilities. 

So here I am again and I am happy to be back.
Thinking fashion for women of a certain age, like me,
who like to do their own thing, like me.
If that rings true for you...stay awhile.
We can look for inspiration together.

If you are mad for the unusual,


with perhaps a little mystery and drama,



or just something to skim over areas
you would rather not draw attention to...




How about this vintage wrap?


It is a Mariano Fortuny silk gauze wrap, c. 1920.
Persian stenciled pattern with birds and trees. 
Trimmed in coral colored Venetian glass beads.
Stenciled with real gold metallic pigments.
A beauty.

Information on Mariano Fortuny 
and this wrap can be found at
Vintage Textile along with the photos.

3 comments:

  1. That caftan is perfection! Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good...glad you picked up the thread (so to speak!). I look forward to more posts!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...