Thursday, March 1, 2012

MM & LV = Forever


MMLV 
{till death do us part}
:)

A story, 25 years in the making...I have been searching for the perfect bag for some time. I strolled up and down Fifth Avenue when I was in NY without luck. The following week, back in London, I walked into Max Mara on Bond Street. A beautiful Italian woman walked in with the bag shown here and I knew it was the one. Fortunately for me, it was a Max Mara bag. I went right up to the counter and asked to look at it. The softest leather and light as a feather. I rationalised 25 years of waiting for the perfect designer bag. Seemed like a bargain when you diveded 25 into the price. I had to, as I had just purchased the Louis Vuitton Neverfull bag 30 minutes earlier. Madness.. but well worth the wait. Do you have a favourite bag...one that you feel extra special about?

3 comments:

  1. Dear Jeanne,
    Once upon a time you visited my blog, even followed me and I somehow overlooked the fact what a brilliant writer of (many) blogs you are...
    Now I came over and have been reading, here and there, all together a really good long while and I am enchanted! (ILove your bike, you make a wonderful couple of 24 years, your walks in London are the stuff of my dreams and to go to Vietnam has been on my travel list for a while now)
    Thank goodness I found you back!
    Your style notes are excellent and funny, I always try to be creative
    within my means, which usually exclude high end designer cloths/bags/shoes....
    but with a little bit of luck I always find great alternatives...
    You are certainly an inspiration!
    Will come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Max Mara bag. Which LV pattern did you decide upon?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...