Monday, February 27, 2012

A New York Moment and Louis Vuitton



I wrote a post over at Collage of Life two years ago (below)...and here I am two years on, still thinking on Louis Vuitton..the 'Neverfull GM' tote to be specific. I was in NYC last week, on Fifth Avenue and ventured into Louis Vuitton...still dreaming.  I looked and tried them all and was nearly ready to embrace Louis Vuitton into my world when two things surprised me. The first is that the LV bags purchased in the USA are stamped 'Made in the USA'. I am sorry...why do I want a French bag...stamped with 'Made in the USA'? I am American..but still...the answer is no! 



The second surprising fact is that it costs less to buy the bag in London (where I live). So..needless to say, I left the New York shop without embracing LV..but I am home and off to LV this week....the only thing left to ponder..is which one? Any suggestions?







Blog post....February 12, 2010...

Every time I see a new Louis Vuitton campaign I think ....how wonderful. The photography, the characters, the details.. each and every one is so captivating. I came across an advertisement in the International Herald Tribune yesterday and it stopped me in my tracks. 



I quickly parked myself in front of my computer and followed the link: Louis Vuitton-Catherine Deneuve-Behind the Scene and was mesmerised by a film clip of Annie Leibovitz working with Catherine Deneuve. To me, Annie is a photographer to love. I have been collecting books of her work for years and thoroughly enjoy them. If you are a fan of Annie's than have a look at this clip. There is lots more so be sure to set aside some time to take it all in.


Louis Vuitton campaigns photographed by Annie Leibovitz







Do I own a Louis Vuitton bag?  No. 
Do I want to own a Louis Vuitton bag?
You betcha! 
The one next to Annie in the top image 
and the one next to Mr. Coppolla
would suit me to a 'T'. 

Best wishes for a wonderful weekend!
Jeanne

Images: 
1st source, 2nd source, 3rd source
4th source, 5th source, 6th source

6 comments:

  1. Oh yes, you picked the two I like best.
    Annie's and Sean's!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has got to be the largest neverfull in the momogram, thats the one I have, its about 3 years old but I still love it and it is great for shopping as you can fit so much in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the red interior on the damier. I have several LV pieces and love them but all are in the classic LV monogram. Next LV bag I buy (am seriously thinking of the Neverfull) will be in the damier, possibly the white/azur for a completely different look. But, you can't go wrong with either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello JEanne!

    Love the post of the advertisements of LV, such beautiful images.

    I love both bags and could not agree with you more...why would you purchase a French bag with a Made in America Tag? I am sure which ever you chose would be a wonderful addition to your wardrobe.

    Have a great week,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting the checked LV bag for some time. What did you buy?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Postscript....I bought the classic LV monogram and love it! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...