Monday, October 17, 2011

My 'Change of Life' Kurta

I was standing in the crowds last week in India and quickly snapped a photo 
of this woman as she passed. I had placed an order for the two of the same style top 
the day before. I call them my 'change of life' tops. My first thought when I slipped 
into one was 'where have you been all my life?' They are breezy, light, 
easy and fun to wear. A perfect travel companion.

 It is styled after a 'kurta', a type of men's pajama from India.
I like to think of it as a kaftan.
Sometimes you just have to go with what feels right.
At this stage in my life...this is perfect. 
:)




images~me



7 comments:

  1. Fabulous - I would love to own one or two of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly what I need, Jeanne!! Now, how do I get these in the states?!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post alerted me to your travel blog which somehow I'd missed. I've bookmarked it for leisurely study when I get a few minutes -- it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...