Royal Wedding: Miriam Clegg


I have to say, of all the Royal Wedding hats, this turban was one of my favourites. 
Miriam Clegg (Miriam Gonzalez Durantez), lawyer and wife of Liberal Democrat 
party leader, Nick Clegg carried it off beautifully. 
There were many beautiful hats on display, plenty of structure,
but the fluidity and freshness of her turban was perfection to me.



Her dress was by Spanish designer Miguel Palacia,
turban hat by milliner Conchitta, shoes by Zara 
 and leather gloves by Aspinal of London.

What are your thoughts on Miriam's ensemble?

 Images; 1, 2, 3


7 comments:

  1. Love that hat! She looked fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought her outfit was lovely, original and with a nod to her nationality and personality and not just a slavish follow of the latest trend! There were some really amazing outfits and hats at the Royal Wedding and I was watching with huge interest as I am to be The Mother of the Bride in October and I am sufffering from a degree of angst regarding my outfit!!! I would love to look like Carole and to be as calm and collected as she looked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie...you would look fabulous in that hat!

    Gillie...I could not agree more, Carole was the epitome of the perfect Mother of the Bride. How exciting for you to be planning a wedding!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She caught my eye, too! Loved it!
    Though, I would look like Baby Huey in that hat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the hat - stunning lady! I would have preferred the outfit without the black netting.
    I loved looking at what everyone was wearing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful hat, a statement without pretense, a thoughtful composition reflecting the woman herself, and not just a hat for hats sake. Perhaps the question might be "what type of hat would express your personal delight and personality?"

    ReplyDelete
  7. She looked lovely! Not sure I would be able to pull it off.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...