C.Z. Guest: Understated Elegance

I imagine their was a martini awaiting C.Z. Guest shortly after
this shot. I like to think so. It is a beautiful image with 
detail flowing thru every corner of the room including the touching
 moment with her dog. The lighting is magic along with the her beaded gown, 
the simple gathering of her hair into a chignon bun and of course...her pearls.
Understated elegance.

American socialite, C.Z. Guest in beaded evening dress.
Photographed by Lord Snowdon 
for Vogue, April 1959

Irving Penn's 1954
Vogue portrait of C.Z. Guest

More on C.Z. Guest, here.


5 comments:

  1. Stunning. I really love the composition of the first shot. You are completely right every detail is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always stunning, C. Z. Guest! I also love her advice in her book *Garden Talk >> ask me anything*.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love C.Z Guest! what an interesting woman and an interesting life! the epitome of elegance. Thank you for sharing the beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, probably so it is

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...