Friday, April 15, 2011

In Praise of 'Older Women'

It is that time of year again, time to rethink the hairstyle. I say that, yet there
are not many options for shoulder length fine hair.... but it doesn't mean I can't look.  
I keyed in 'older women hairstyles' into Google and this is what popped up. 
Interestingly, the photo of Meryl Streep is an example of 'what not to do'
but I beg to differ, long or short, we should be able to wear it any way we like.
This is a lovely photo of  Meryl.





I fall into this category below...just above shoulder,
layers with thoughts of fringe (bangs)
and always regretting it when I do.

I find 'long layers' is the key word
with a stylist. 





Still....
I always wish I had the face to pull off
they style of Dame Judy Dench.

How about you?


Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7




8 comments:

  1. My long hair is so much a part of me now, I don't quite know what I'd do without it. Although it's been up this entire week! Sometimes, I do admit, I fantasize about a style like Dame Judi's! But I would look like a cartoon character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually think Meryl looks the best...her hair is very versatile at that length. I still wear my hair long but every once in awhile get it cut up to my shoulders...then it just grows again! I'm rather lazy about it. As long as I can straighten it, I'm happy!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. When everyone, including me, is ready for my hair to come in grey, then I'll stop "restoring" the color and chop it all off into a Mia Farrow/Dame Judy/Jean Seberg spiky pixie. Until then, I will (as I've done since high school) twist it up into a large French barrette and take it down at bedtime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to cut mine short in some funky style. I too am afraid of making such a drastic change. I guess it's shoulder length hair for now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely agree with the above comment, the internet is with a doubt growing into the most important medium of communication across the globe and its due to sites like this that ideas are spreading so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have fine hair, too, and I am NEVER happy with it. It was a bob (not quite shoulder-length) for ages -- sometimes layered, sometimes not -- but I recently cut it short-ish. I don't love it, but it is MUCH easier . . . which does count for something.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who is the woman above Judi Dench although Below Helen Mirren? Great blogpost!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...