Vintage Jewelry, Flea Markets and a Great Find


You can tell a lot about a person by the jewelry they wear.
Some prefer none at all and others can't leave the house
without a bit of bling. I envy the women who wear
pearls day in and day out no matter the outfit.
It is one of those things I have tried but it isn't quite me.

What I do have a passion for is decorative jewelry.
Just a few interesting pieces to zip up an outfit. 
I like the conversation pieces..the sort of things
that draw the eye and encourage a question.

The trick is finding these little treasures. 
There are strict rules in my book. One is that 
they can not be from a department store. 
One of a kind is the best sort of kind.




Better yet, is to find something in a flea market or that 
special little vintage store that beckons you in. Some of us like
to sift and touch and feel and try it on and all the while
we feel as giddy as a school girl. Do you know the feeling?


There may be nothing at all....but the fun is in hunt.


Just like today. I started off in one direction with this post and 
and discovered something even better.  When I saw this image of 
Melody Rodgers, I knew I was on to something interesting. 
I still can't take my eyes off her watch and bracelets.

Melody re-designs antique jewelry and has a great eye for interesting pieces. 
She learned from the best, her mother. The Melody Rodgers Collection is
sold in her New York showroom at the Manhattan Art and Antique Center.
I know where I am going the next time in New York :)




In the meantime, you can find me
wandering market stalls and second hand
shops....searching for that one piece
that needs a home, with me.


More on one of a kind finds here



3 comments:

  1. Feeling like "Magpie Monday" to me! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the filagree fringed necklace. Perfect for summer! So many little treasures tucked into this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A few months back I saw an interview that Oprah Winfrey did in Edinburgh with JK Rowling. Ms. Rowling was wearing the absolute best pendant necklace I've ever seen in my life. I haunted the web trying to find it, but decided to just let it remain unique. I'm always looking though!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...