Thursday, March 31, 2011

Channeling Wide Trousers and Katharine Hepburn Style


What do we think of the wide leg trouser? They say it is a throw back to the 70's
but I remember wearing them well into the 80's and squeaking into the 90's.
I admit I was a big fan of the wide leg trouser way back when. 
 In fact, when it came time to let go, I secretly hid a pair of Max Mara trousers 
that I bought years ago. The price was right and I decided to just wait it out. 
Not sure if they still fit but they look great :)

I had a Kate thing going on back then. 
I regularly channeled her easy, casual style.



Great pants, great shirt and I love those wedge shoes.
If I had seen a pair of those on my shopping excursion
yesterday, I would have snapped them up.

Curious to know, were you ever a wide trouser fan
and would you wear them again?

For all you Katharine Hepburn fans....


9 comments:

  1. Yes, I wore them! It might take a little getting used to again, but they were so comfortable. I'm crazy about Kate's shoes in that black and white photograph!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures of Katharine Hepburn. She was a great beauty. We wore the wide leg in high school which was the early 70's for me. Not too much after. I do like the look!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I would definitely wear them. It's all about how they drape! I'm not sure about denim, but the last two photos are a perfect example of fit. Timeless!

    I purchased a pair of Eileen Fisher grey flannel wide leg trousers with a cuff last year. I've not worn them yet...and I think it's because I need the right shoe. Ah...A wedge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a fan of the wide leg. While they skim the thighs nicely they make me look too hippy (hips not flowerchild. I think they only suit the Katherine H thin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have just found your blog and love it -- and looove your photographs. What a treat :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a big fan of the wide leg. Always have been and haven't stopped wearing them. To my mum;s funeral last week, I wore my very favourite black wide legged trousers from Banana Republic. Hope the Max Mara ones still fit you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have got to say, Jeanne yes, I DO love a wide leg trouser but not sure I could do a tucked in shirt nowadays!! XX (from Semi Expat Sarah)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katharine is one of my top favorite actresses and I forgot how much I love her style until I saw this post. Love it, I'll certainly be pulling out my wide leg trousers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't wear them everyday, but I love whenever I do wear them.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...