Sunday, January 23, 2011

Enduring Style: Out of Africa

I just took a trip down memory lane @ Collage of Life today with a J. Peterman catalog. I first came across this great brand in the 80's and lost sight of it when we moved overseas. I recently came across it again and was delighted to see it is still going strong. It makes me want to pack my bags and wander the world. It also reminds me of those classic movie moments in movies like Out of Africa. Take Africa, Meryl Streep, Robert Redford, Klaus Maria Brandauer, beautiful scenery, a wonderful story, a classic traveling wardrobe and you have magic.







In 1985, Out of Africa won seven Oscar's including Best Picture
Best Writing- Screenplay, Best Music-Original Score , Best Director,
Best Cinematography, Best Art Direction-Set Decoration and Best Sound.

Here a few classic Meryl moments....


images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
You Tube: 

7 comments:

  1. I love this film, this whole area and style. Thanks for this pictures...they are telling a great story in short.
    Greetings from France

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Out of Africa. Great clothes, decor, music, and romance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jeanne. First, hope you saw my answer to your comment on my blog - hope no books were thrown away:-)
    Second, as you know, I love this movie too - I still recall with joy seeing it under the Rungstedlund sky last year. I want all the clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to receive the J. Peterman catalog in the mail and your post brought back memories. Although I never ordered anything {maybe that is why I stopped receiving it}, I loved to dream I was going on a safari!! lol! Thanks for a great post!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember seeing that movie when it first came out and I was in love with the clothes, the scenery, and Robert Redford (in that order). Thanks for the walk down memory lane.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All my girlfriends wanted Redford.
    I wanted that fabulous house!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know how many times I've listened to that brilliant soundtrack and been transported :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...